A 31 acre former munitions factory allocated for employment within the North Tyneside MBC Local Plan.
• A 31 acre former munitions factory allocated for employment within the North Tyneside MBC Local Plan.
• The northern part of the site is currently a multi-let industrial estate, the southern part of the site is disused and the buildings have been demolished. The site is characterised by large areas of vacant land and old basic buildings which are not suitable for the needs of the modern occupier.
• Given the site's industrial history with previous uses including heavy engineering, metal works and railway land there is a high risk of ground contamination.
• A historic landfill site located nearby and previous shallow mine workings present the risk of hazardous gas.
• As the majority of the site has been vacant for a substantial period of time it became apparent that a wider mixed use scheme would be the best re-use of the site.
• Given the site's allocation for employment within the Local Plan, a robust case was presented to the Local Authority during the early stages of consultation on proposed mixed use redevelopment.
• Northern Trust's technical team led the design and preparation of a masterplan which takes into account the significant remediation and land engineering elements of the scheme necessary to provide a mixed use development incorporating both residential and commercial elements.
Northern Trust created a planning application for a mixed use regeneration scheme consisting of:
- A 13.42 acre residential development providing 188 new homes
- 9.8 acre of new and refurbished commercial workspace
- Community facility and highways improvements
• Continuing Northern Trust's principal of long term commitment to the commercial and industrial market in the North East, the commercial aspects if the scheme will be retained and actively managed through the Company's subsidiary Whittle Jones Chartered Surveyors.
• If successful the scheme will provide a catalyst to the wider regeneration of the area.
• The application has not yet been determined.
FURTHER SITES WANTED
Land to the west of Cheltenham adjacent to Henley Road and accessed off Old Gloucester Road.
SOLD - Carrington Centre, The Green, Eccleston
Land off Garstang Road, Pilling, PR3 6AQ
Adjoining built up area of Gedling/Carlton, bounded by housing and two roads.