- Metacre Limited (part of Northern Trust) acquired the Fylde Coast strategic portfolio in the mid 1990's.
- Since the acquisition the company has identified and promoted parcels of land through the planning system for higher value residential or residential-led development.
- In addition to identifying large scale urban extensions given the rural nature of the portfolio the Land & Regeneration Department also identifies smaller schemes which are more appropriate to their rural setting.
- The parcel of land is located outside the settlement boundary of Weeton, given the rural location and restrictive nature of planning plocy in the area the potential of the site was restricted to social housing.
- Through a competitive tender process New Fylde Housing were chosen as the partner Registered Social Housing Provider. A planning application was prepared which deomstrated local housing need and provided strong justification for the release of the Greenfield site outside of the settlement boundary for housing.
- Fylde Borough Council granted planning permission for a scheme of 7 new affordable homes, and Metacre then worked with New Fylde Housing to discharge the relevant planning conditions to provide a suitable development platform for construction to commence.
- With a view to the long-term strategic nature of Northern Trust's landholding, the social housing scheme was designed in a manner which brough other Greenfield sites in Company ownership within the settlement boundary.
- This incremental approach to growth is key when promoting Greenfield sites in rural locations and demonstrates the Company's approach to long term investment and proactive asset management.
- The New Fylde Housing scheme is now completed and has become a welcome addition to the community providing much needed affordable housing for local families.
- The housebuilder is preparing the site to commence construction of the market housing which should be complete late in 2011.
FURTHER SITES WANTED