- The site is former Green Belt land to the east of the Archer Public House historically used for agricultural purposes.
- Given the site's location on the edge of Rainworth the site has been promoted through the emerging Newark and Sherwood Core Strategy supporting its removal from the Green Belt and allocation for residential development.
- This was supported within the emerging Core Strategy which proposed a review of the Green Belt in this area to facilitate the delivery of sufficient residential development to satisfy the needs of Rainworth moving forward.
- The Core Strategy was subsequently adopted on 29 March 2011.
- In light of the Core Strategy the site was also promoted in the Allocations and Development Management DPD to secure formal allocation of this site.
- This again supported the Cuncil's approach and sought to allocate this site, alongside the neighbouring land holding, for around 190 dwellings.
- The site was duly allocated (Allocstion Reference Ra/Ho/2) and the Allocations and Development Management DPD was adopted on 16th July 2013.
- Following adoption of the Allocations and Development Management DPD discussions were progressed with the local planning authority regarding a planning application for our proportion of the allocation.
- This centered upon the development of c. 130 dwellings on our site whilst ensuring the proposals did not prejudice the future development of the remaining allocation.
- A planning application on this basis was submitted in August 2013.
- The local planning authority expressed strong support for the proposals and the application was approved in January 2014.
- Following approval discussions were held with numerous developers and the site was sold to Taylor Wimpey in February 2015.
- Outline planning permission secured in January 2014.
- Site sold to Taylor Wimpey in February 2015.
- Development commenced on site.