- A former derelict land fill site extending to approx. 5.2 acres at Westhoughton, Bolton requiring remediation.
- The site was purchased by the Company for redevelopment purposes, subject to remediation of significant and longstanding ground contamination and stabilisation issues.
- Remediation strategy agreed with Environment Agency and Local Authority, with comprehensive SI and gas/ground water monitoring prior to development.
- Northern Trust looked to secure outline planning consent for remediation and residential development.
- Following the successful planning application, Northern Trust undertook a disposal strategy with the aim of selling the site to residential developers upon approval.
- Outline planning consent was granted for remediation and residential development by Bolton MBC.
- Planning was approved and the site was sold to residential developers Fairclough Homes (4 acres, 55 units) and Elite Homes (1.2 acres, 9 units).
FURTHER SITES WANTED