- A Greenfield site which originally formed part of the hotel grounds.
- The land was formally subject to an agricultural tenancy, and used by a local farmer for a number of years.
- Representations were submitted by Northern Trust for a higher value use of the land.
- A public consultation was held to gather the opinion of the local residents for residential development.
- Extensive consultations with the local Authority concluded in an agreement in principle for Northern Trust to deliver a scheme that would add value to the Farington area.
- Northern Trust submitted a planning application for the development of 20 Executive style homes, which was subsequently granted.
- A reserved matter application was submitted reducing the number of dwellings from 20 to 11, following market research.
- The reserved matters application was approved in June 2011, subject to conditions.
- Infrastructure works have now commenced and are due to complete by January 2012.
- All 11 plots have now been sold.
FURTHER SITES WANTED