- The site was promoted for residential development via the UDP and Local Plan. The site is not allocated but an inspector reported that in the event housing supply required greenfield release, then this site was sustainable and appropriate for development.
- Due to a lack of housing numbers in respect of RSS 5 year targets and a shortage of brownfield sites, discussions took place with the Local Authority concerning residential development on the site.
- Fylde recognised the need to improve their 1.8 year housing supply, and as such, supported the principal of development.
- A planning application for 264 houses was submitted to Fylde with Officer support, but refused by members.
- The planning decision is subject to a judicial review.
FURTHER SITES WANTED