- Former concrete batching plant converted to a multi-let industrial estate occupying a site of approximately 3.7 acres.
- The site was acquired August 2007, at the time the majority of the estate was vacant and derelict.
- The ongoing employment use was unfeasible due to the site's location within a residential area.
- Intrusive site surveys and investigations into the historic use were carried out to appraise potential levels of contamination and ground conditions beneath the existing development.
- Although the site is not allocated for employment given the historic use Northern Trust opened detailed consultation with the Local Authority to discuss the best re-use of the site and a form of development which removes the existing non-conforming industrial use.
- Having acquired the site in late 2007 Northern Trust began preparing an outline planning application, consultants were appointed to address the loss of employment, highways and drainage implications of the new development where assessed.
- Planning consent has been granted, subject to the completion of the S.106 agreement, for 66 dwellings.
- Northern Trust appointed Whittle Jones Building Services to undertake the demolition of the vacant industrial buildings in order to eliminate the sites vacant rates liability.
- 13 affordable units delivery agreed with Contour Housing.
- Northern Trust has entered into a Joint Venture scheme with Fellows Homes for the development of the site.
- 70% of Phase I and II is now sold or occupied.
- Phase III is now under construction.
- The show home is open and sales are ongoing. Interested parties should contact Fellows Homes for further information or call the sales office on 01257 460118.
Further details about the residential development and the homes available for sale, you can visit the dedicated website at http://www.fellowshomes.co.uk.
FURTHER SITES WANTED