- A 42 acre site first developed during the 1950-1960's as a caravan park, later to become a Holiday centre.
- The Wallpark site ceased operations during December 2008.
- The site is located within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and near to Statutory designated areas of high sensitivity such as Site of Special Scientific Interest, South Hams Special Area of Conservation and Berry Head NNR.
- Acting as agent's on behalf of the landowner Northern Trust have reviewed operations on the site and submitted applications to formalize the existing planning use.
- Northern Trust was appointed as agent to manage the site and is promoting the site through the Torbay Local Development Framework.
- Despite a strong recommendation for approval and support for the scheme by key stakeholders, planning permission for up to 219 new homes, a 60 bed care home, expansion of significant areas of land for ecological and landscape improvments was refused in December 2010.
- An appeal has been submitted against the decision, Northern Trust has commissioned further work to supplement the original comprehensive application in preparation for the appeal in June 2011.
FURTHER SITES WANTED