- This site lies within the Green Belt to the east of the Archer Public House and has historically been used for agricultural purposes.
- Given the sites location on the edge of Rainworth representations have been continually submitted to the emerging Newark and Sherwood LDF, supporting the potential of this site for residential development and supporting a review of the Green Belt Boundary in this area.
- The Core Strategy was subsequently adopted on 29th March 2011 and proposes a review of the Green Belt in this area to facilitate the delivery of sufficient residential development to satisfy the needs of Rainworth moving forward.
- Detailed representations have subsequently been submitted to the Allocations and Development Management DPD to secure allocation of this site for residential development, and for removal from the Green Belt.
- Following allocation of the site a planning application will be submitted.
- The Allocations and Development Management DPD is currently being prepared by the Council and Northern Trust will continue to promote the site in pursuit of allocation for residential development.
FURTHER SITES WANTED