- The site is currently allocated as recreational green space within the adopted local plan, and is protected as such through the relevant policies.
- A previous development option was proposed in 2005 for a number of dwellings and landscaping/parkland improvements.
- Discussions with the LPA and a community consultation were undertaken with various comments and feedback received. As a result, the proposals where not pursued at the time and a longer appeal to the development of this site was adapted.
- Representations have been submitted to the Central Lancs Core Strategy and Site Allocations DPD promoting this site for residential development potential.
- In addition, positive discussions have been held with a local sports club re: the position of sports pitches as part of any redevelopment. This would enable a wider community to be incorporated into any proposals. Ultimately it is intended that a planning application will be submitted for residential development with associated landscaping, parkland improvements and sports provisions on site.
- Investigations are ongoing on the potential development options.
FURTHER SITES WANTED