- A 3.7 acre former Leyland Motors private sports facility consisting of football pitch, bowling green and clubhouse which ceased operation in 1996, and is now overgrown with the buildings cleared to slab level.
- The site is highly contaminated and is allocated for recreational purposes in the Local Plan.
- Although the site facilities were redundant, a consultation was opened at an early stage with the Local Authority and Sport England to discuss the principal of development and mitigations measures to facilitate the re-use of the site.
- Given the complex nature of the site history, Northern Trust worked closely with the Local Authority and Sport England, and held a public consultation event to invite public views on the scheme and identify sports and community facilities within the area which could benefit from further funding.
- A resolution to approve the outline planning proposals for residential development consisting of 71 new homes has been granted subject to a S106 agreement.
- Discussions with Chorley Borough Council are currently on-going with regards to the future development of the site.
FURTHER SITES WANTED