- A former Pontin's Holiday Camp situated on the outskirts of Blackpool, adjacent to the promendade and Blackpool Airport.
- The site was closed in 2008 after a long period of unsustainable losses and falling visitor numbers.
- Northern Trust actively looked for alternative use, whilst working within existing planning and physical contraints, for example the proximity of Blackpool Airport.
- The sites close proximity to Blackpool Airport and the SSSI at Lytham sand dunes made regeneration options difficult, resulting in a protected planning process.
- The regeneration of the balance of the 39 acre site was constrained by all of the issues which blighted phase 1 and in addition it's proximity to the sand dunes complicated matters even more.
- Extensive discussions with key stakeholders resulted in agreement in principal and a planning application for 73 houses was submitted to Fylde Borough Council in December 2010.
- Outline planning consent for Phase II covering 73 homes was approved in June 2011.
- Northern Trust will look to deliver comprehensive regeneration of the site.
- The site is being marketed and interested parties can contact Northern Trust on 01257 238555 to express interest in the site.
- For further details on Phase I of the site please visit the dedicated page on our website.
FURTHER SITES WANTED