- Former Pontin's Holiday Camp, situated on the outskirts of Blackpool, adjacent to the promendade and Blackpool Airport.
- The site was closed in 2008 after a long period of unsustainable losses and falling visitor numbers.
- Northern Trust actively looked for alternative use whilst working within existing planning and physical contraints, for example the proximity of Blackpool Airport.
- The sites close proximity to Blackpool Airport and the SSSI at Lytham sand dunes made regeneration options difficult, resulting in a protected planning process.
- A number of regeneration options were considered with residential development proposals favoured, due to location and need.
- A detailed consultation exercise was undertaken with key Stake Holders including the Local Authority and Airport representatives to formulate the design for a residential scheme. The plans also provided the additional benefits of a 'no fly safety zone' to protect future expansion of the airport.
- Outline planning for Phase 1 was granted granted in May 2011 for 275 homes of which 30% are deemed affordable.
- The site is currently being marketed by Northern Trust. For more information contact Northern Trust on 01257 238555.
- A detailed application has been submitted by a regional house builder.
- Resolution to grant outline planning consent on Phase II of the site has been approved. For further details on Phase II please view the dedicated page on our website.
FURTHER SITES WANTED