- Metacre owned agricultural land holding on the fringe of the urban area of Inskip.
- 2 distinct areas of the property adjacent to the settlement where identified as having residential potential. However part of the site is classed as Greenfield/belt and the land is being promoted under the exceptions policy for social housing. Northern Trust is working closely with Manchester Methodist Housing Association to deliver Social Housing.
- Due to the proximity of Wentworth Avenue to the existing residential area, it was decided to seek a rural exception to development by promoting a social hosuing scheme on the 0.9 acres site. The application was suported by an independant housing needs study.
- The plans being promoted are for 8 social housing units. Subject to demand a further 8 plots could be accommodated on an adjacent field.
- A partnership was formed with Manchester Methodist Housing Association and proposals were drawn up for 8 affordable homes with access direct from the end of the existing cul de sac at Wentworth Avenue.
- The houses are now completed and occupied. The development has been finished to a very high standard and has assisted in a possible realignment of the settlement boundary.
- The remaining land is still agriculural, representations were made regarding residential development of the farm yard.
FURTHER SITES WANTED