- A 22 acre former Holiday Centre.
- The site is located within the Primary Tourist Zone for Hemsby however physical and economic contraints have led to the site ceasing operation in January 2009.
- The site shares a contiguous boundary with residential development to the North, South and West. Back Market Lane along the eastern boundary separates the Holiday Centre from the main tourism area and beach further for the east.
- Northern Trust was appointed as agent to manage the site.
- A team of specialist consultants have been appointed to review the commercial viability of the continued use as a holiday park whilst considering a range of alternative tourism/leisure uses.
- A series of consultation exercises were held to invite ideas from the local community and key stakeholders.
- Northern Trust is promoting the site through the emerging Great Yarmouth Local Development Framework. Applying a diverse range of Asset Management techniques, the holding costs for the landowner have been significantly reduced with the management liability held by Northern Trust.
- The outline planning application has been submitted and aims to provide a variety of facilities and benefits to the local community including 191 new family homes, with a proportion of affordable housing and starter homes, in addition to the provision of a care home.
- Plans for a substantial investment fund to support local tourism has been put forward by Northern Trust with the company keen to hear views from businesses and the community as to how the fund should be administered.
- The recently submitted planning application, for the development names Kingsway Village Garden, has been formally accepted by the Great Yarmouth Council and can be viewed at the council's planning office.
- Northern Trust has set up a dedicated website at www.kingswayvillagegarden.co.uk
FURTHER SITES WANTED